(apologies if this has been mentioned here before)
I've always wondered how people get away with identifying properties as haunted in books and magazines. Of course, many such prioperties welcome attention and charge ghost hunters to visit! However, not ALL do and things can go horribly wrong.
It's a pit the case wasn't contested. It would have been interesting to hear the evidence in favour of haunting.
Why is cheese?
So, basically, the judgement was on a technicality since the web site owner was too dumb to file a defence and so lost by default. The fact the book got away with it suggests that if a defence had been filed the web site would probably have won as well, assuming that it only published the same (alleged) facts.
If the web site owner appeals, it will be an interesting test of whether First Amendment freedom of speech rights as applied to the book also apply to the web. If not, then the move towards electronic communication is being allowed to repeal freedom of speech rights by the back door.
Be skeptical of the things you believe are false, but be very skeptical of the things you believe are true.
$35,000 for a dog, blimey I think im in the wrong profession.
Still, it is a pretty impressive dog
The Level III Personal Protection Dog:
- 3 to 4 years old.
- Can be custom trained in any language.
- Can protect against multiple attackers.
- Targets and bites the weapon hand.
- Displays aggression on command.
- Trained to bite and fight.
- Can scent track humans and articles.
- Article Guarding
- Child protection program
- Muzzle work
- Guarding surrounding premises
- Vehicle Hijack prevention
- Man scent tracking, lost child recovery
- Can conduct building searches.
- Trained to perform off leash even with distractions.
- Trained to refuse food.
- Can maintain a down-stay under distractions.
- Socialized with children and other pets in a home setting.
"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer" - Zaphod Beeblebrox
"This post may be edited to make it more wrong" - skb
"Ignorance is no basis for rewriting the laws of physics" - Pebble
"I am a scientist, with a beard to prove it. This makes me an authority on nothing other than the growing and maintenance of facial hair" - skb
"Level III Elite Executive Protection Dogs are personally delivered to your door."
They seem so smart, I'm surprised they can't get there on their own.
I wonder if ghost hunters shouldn't sue if attacked!